Published by Harlequin Teen on 29th July 2014
Buy on Amazon US • Buy on Amazon UK
Five strangers. Countless adventures. One epic way to get lost.
Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named LEILA. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most.
There's HUDSON, a small-town mechanic who is willing to throw away his dreams for true love. And BREE, a runaway who seizes every Tuesday—and a few stolen goods along the way. ELLIOT believes in happy endings…until his own life goes off-script. And SONIA worries that when she lost her boyfriend, she also lost the ability to love.
Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth— sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way.
Adi’s Favourite Spots to Read…
1. The beach- I don’t think this one requires an explanation. When I lived in Israel, I would start reading as soon as I arrived at the beach. When I started to get nice and sweaty, I’d get into the water and swim around until I was ready to go back to read. Over and over again until the sun set.
2. Rooftops- Anywhere with a view. It makes those little breaks between chapters or at the end of a particularly good scene or even a great line so much more enjoyable. And finishing a book on a rooftop? Oh man. It’s so cathartic.
3. Coffee shops- Because who doesn’t like a little people-watching to go along with their reading? Books are great covers (no pun intended) when you want to eavesdrop. People assume you’re in your own world, rightfully so.
4. Airports/planes- I’ve never understood why people are so anti-airports. It’s a thrill for me to have two hours to wait for a plane where I’m not expected to be productive except for in my reading. All the time you’re waiting until your plane boards, all that time in the air, it’s the world granting permission to read (not that we need permission). It’s a booklover’s ideal world, hidden among security lines and overpriced bottles of water everything.
And now for Kelly’s Favourite Spots to Read…
- My conservatory/sun room, and more specifically the sofa in there. It’s just so inviting. I love nothing more than getting comfortable in there, windows and window blinds open, , and spending time reading. Oh, and I have to have a drink and snacks too, of course!
- My car! Many times, I have been known to drop my children off at school and then get back to my car and read! I did this just last week and sat for 40 minutes until I got to the end of the book I was reading. It’s just so peaceful and I know there aren’t going to be any interruptions, well, unless my phone rings while I’m using it to read!
- My reclining garden chair. I live in England so it’s not very often we have the right weather for me to sit outside in the garden and read while I soak up some vitamin D, but when we do, I love sitting in my chair, kindle in hand and cold drink by my side. It’s just so…relaxing..and I could easily just…doze…off…to…sleep…zzzzzzzzzz.
- My bed. I am a really light sleeper and very rarely need to be woken by my alarm clock in a morning. I’m usually awake and reading about an hour before I need to get up and get ready for my day. I love that quiet time when everyone, including the dog, is still asleep and I get a little reading time before the chaos starts!